What happens when you mix a bright, sunny fall day with a To Do list that was started who-knows-when? If you said, the To Do list remains on the desk and the composer of the list is out the door, you are right!
What is it about a beautiful day that causes us to abandon our good intentions in favor of a brief outing that will soon be a memory?
Let’s compare the 2 choices.
1. A wonderous, perfect weather day that does not happen all that often VS a To Do list that will be there until I tackle it.
2. A walk outside with a chance of seeing the 14 turkeys again that were in the field this morning VS a dust rag inside with a chance of moving dust mites to a new location
3. Breathing in the fresh air on a crisp morning VS smelling the window cleaner as I look outside while I clean
4. Hearing the crunch of newly fallen leaves as I kick a path through their ground cover VS listening to the morning news as I do the dishes
5. Testing out my new walking shoes VS running around the house in my scrubby clothes
Perhaps I should add “Take a walk outside” to my To Do list. I could check it off and know that I accomplished something when I return from my outside adventure.
I can still hear the turkeys in the field. My new shoes feel just right. I’ll grab a light jacket on my way out the door. And my To Do list will be right where I left it when I come back.
Leaving now for a breath of fresh air ~